Flourless Chocolate Torte
Our favorite restaurant has a flourless chocolate torte served with gelato that is to die for. I've been craving it something fierce lately, so I decided to give it a whirl. After combining a few recipes, (some people called it flourless chocolate cake) I found a perfect one. A torte sounds like something super intense to make, but honestly this one was pretty simple. I served mine with coffee ice cream and it was the perfect combination. If you decide to try it out, tag me!
- 1 1/2 Sticks Unsalted Butter
- 12 Ounces Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon of Kosher Salt
- Cocoa Powder (Unsweetend)
- 9 inch Spring form Pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter your spring form pan.
- In a heat proof bowl combine your semisweet chocolate with your butter (you will need to cut the butter up if the bowl seems to full).
- Fill a 2-quart saucepan with water (not too full because the bowl cannot touch water). and bring to a simmer.
- Place your heat proof bowl over a saucepan. Be sure to not let the bowl touch the water. Once on top saucepan, stir continually until chocolate is melted and combined with butter. Remove from heat and let cool while you mix eggs.
- Place sugar, eggs, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Beat at a high speed (I mixed on a speed of 7 on my KitchenAid) for 5 minutes or until foamy and pale.
- Reduce speed on mixer and slowly fold in half of your chocolate and butter mixture. Once that half is combined you may then add the other half.
- Pour mixing bowl contents into your springform pan and bake for 40 minutes until the top is no longer jiggly. You will notice the top start to crack in places.
- Remove from oven and let torte cool completely. Next you can remove the torte from the pan and dust with cocoa. I served mine with coffee ice cream!