I will be the first to say that funfetti is not my friend. I was attempting to recreate a cake that the cutest cafe, KBC makes. If you are ever in Dothan, you need to check it out! I wanted this to be raw and do-able for the person who doesn't have all the supplies, but my cake doesn't hold a candle to theirs! Regardless, it was still fun to make. Happy New Year!
- 3 Boxes, Funfetti Cake Mix (Follow this recipe, you will need vegetable oil, eggs, and water)
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- 7 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 7 Cups of Confectioners Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla
- 1.5 Cups of Butter, Softened
- Bake funfetti mix according to directions. Be sure to grease pan and let cool thoroughly!
- In a medium bowl combine butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, cream and salt. Beat for 6 minutes, or until fluffy!
- Once the cakes have cooled, remove the dome top of each cake layer (3) by trimming off slowly with a knife. After you have removed the tops, then slice each cake layer in half. Be very careful that your cake layer does not break.
- Place one layer on your cake plate and start to cover that layer with the frosting. You will use about a half cup on each layer (frosting portion is up to your discretion). Place next layer over that frosting and repeat until you have reached the top.
- Cover the top with a small layer of frosting. Use remaining cake from trimming the dome to top the cake with a few crumbles. Scatter some sprinkles and you are ready! Enjoy!