Shauna Niequist's Crisp
I can't even begin to tell you the respect and love I have for Shauna Niequist. I've done her Bible study, read her books, and I've heard her speak at the Belong Tour. She is so real and transparent with herself, life challenges, and what it means to have a relationship with Jesus. Needless to say, I think we are kindred spirits (even though we've never met). Her book Bread and Wine is near and dear to my heart. I've been inspired by her words so many times. She goes into detail about recipes and the connections she has had around the table. These moments, moments spent around the table, are ones that refresh and restore my soul. Food brings people together and my girl Shauna gets it. One of my favorite recipes from Bread and Wine is her Blueberry Crisp. I made a triple berry crisp for Father's Day and everyone loved it! I am sharing my crisp and details to hers below. If you haven't read her work I hope this inspires you to! Enjoy!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
The recipe could easily be doubled and baked in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Find this and other delicious recipes in Bread and Wine.
- 4 cups blueberries (or almost any fruit), frozen okay
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped (walnuts and pecans work great)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together oats, nuts, almond meal, syrup, and salt with a fork.
- Pour berries into an 8 x 8 pan, and then layer the crispy topping over it.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, or up to 10 minutes longer if topping and fruit are frozen, until fruit is bubbling and topping is crisp and golden.