Can you believe it is almost the 4th of July? This summer is flying by! Are you looking for a good app to enjoy over this holiday weekend?? If so, I found the one for you. Bruschetta. This summer treat is so delicious and easy. How can you go wrong with tomatoes, butter, and bread? The answer is, you can't.
Bruschetta Mixture Ingredients:
8 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into small pieces
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
dash of ground pepper
½ loaf of French baguette (about 7-10 slices)
Softened butter for spreading onto the bread
Dash of Garlic Salt
1. For the Bruschetta Mixture, Toss together the cut-up tomatoes, chopped garlic and basil, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Slice your bread about 1½ inch thick
3. Add garlic salt to softened butter and mix. Spread softened butter onto both sides of bread slices.
4. Place the bread on a baking sheet, and place under the broiler, toast the bread until golden brown. Monitor the toast so it doesn’t burn. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
5. Top with bruschetta and enjoy!