Key Lime Cheesecakes
I had the best Key Lime Pie and Cheesecake this past Spring when we went to Key West. If you haven't tried Key Lime Pie in the Keys you need to add it to your list! Since the "dog days of summer" have hit I have been craving these Key Lime treats. This is an older recipe from a church cookbook of mine. It has been years since I've made these but I needed a sweet treat to get me through the heat. These are simple and delicious and they make the perfect party dessert!
· 1 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs (I used Publix brand and crushed them up.)
· 3 Tablespoon melted butter
· 1 8 oz. Package of Cream Cheese
· 3 Tablespoons of Lime Juice
· ½ Cup of Sugar
· 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
· 1 Egg
· 1 Container of Cool Whip
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees (set cream cheese out to soften at this time.)
2. Spray muffin tin thoroughly with non-stick cooking spray or coat with olive oil.
3. In a large bowl mix together melted butter and graham cracker crumbs.
4. Press down crumb mixture into each muffin spot. Make sure it is firm and shaped like the bottom of the mini cheesecake should be.
5. Bake graham cracker crumb crust for 8 minutes
6. In another bowl mix cream cheese, sugar, egg, vanilla, and lime juice. Mix well until smooth and combined.
7. Now top the rest of the muffin tin with cream cheese mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let cool
9. Once cooled, run a knife or toothpick around the edges of each mini cheesecake (this will help you remove them.)
10. Remove and allow them to cool a little more.
11. Top each cheesecake with cool whip. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and then serve! Enjoy!