Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
I have always struggled with making a good frosting. It is either too stiff or too runny, and never ices the cake well! I discovered buttercream a few years back and this classic icing is a winner. Buttercream is a consistent icing that won't do you wrong. I've recently developed this chocolate and raspberry addiction, so here is the repercussion of a strong craving. I used box cake mix for times sake and then topped with raspberries. Easy Chocolate Buttercream Icing recipe below!
- 1 Cup of Salted Butter (Room Temperature)
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Half and Half
- In mixer beat butter for 3-4 minutes. It will soften like a spread. Make sure to scrape all butter down off sides of the bowl.
- Add powdered sugar, cocoa, vanilla, and half and half.
- Mix on low until everything is combined.
- Feel free to add more half and half if the icing is dry.