Super Bowl Sunday is right around the corner, and I have the perfect appetizer for you. I can honestly say I've never met a tater tot I didn't like, and these are next level! If you have a crowd coming over you cannot go wrong serving this.
- 2 Bags of Tater Tots
- ½ Lb. of Ground Beef
- ½ Package of Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup of Sharp Shredded Cheese
- 1 Large Tomato Diced
- ½ Avocado Sliced
- ½ Cup of Pickled Jalapenos
- 1 Lime Sliced
- Sour Cream (to taste)
- Cilantro Chopped
- On a large greased cookie sheet spread out tater tots evenly. Bake tots according to package directions (I add a few minutes to mine because I like them to be a little crispy, so they tolerate toppings better.)
- While tater tots bake, begin cooking your ground beef in the skillet. Half way through add your taco seasoning. Once meat is fully cooked and browned next, drain your meat.
- Let meat sit in a glass bowl while you slice avocado and tomato (feel free to re-heat the meat before topping if you think it has cooled).
- Remove tater tots from the oven and top with the following ingredients (in this order): shredded cheese, ground beef, tomato, jalapeno, sour cream. Then spread your avocado slices across the top and garnish with cilantro throughout the pan.
- Place limes on the corners of the pan (lime juice to taste) and then serve!