Asian Sirloin Lettuce Wraps
I will be the first to admit it, I have 5 meals that stay in our dinner rotation...Spaghetti, Bar-B-Que Chicken, Tacos, Pizza... you get it. Last year I made a resolution to cook one new meal a week. I've brought some new recipes into the fold,and now it is time to share a few of these on the blog.
My friend Kristen loves Asian food! She has hinted about needing some Asian recipes on Huckleberry Collective, so without further ado, Asian Sirloin Lettuce Wraps. These lettuce wraps were a total success! So, I am dedicating this post to my girl KM! These are yummy, and a 5 on a difficult level from 1-10. I highly recommend these as a week-night rotation dinner!
- 1-2 lbs Sirloin Steak sliced (you can ask the butcher for this.)
- 3 tablespoons Soyaki sauce from Trader Joe’s (you can sub soy sauce and teriyaki)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Cracked Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Avocado oil
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Cup of Diced Water Chestnuts
- 1 Cup of Baby Bella Mushrooms
- ½ Cup of Roasted Red Pepper
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Large Yellow Bell Pepper Chopped
- ½ Cup of Scallions Diced
- 12-15 Lettuce Leaves (You can use any leafy lettuce. I used Green leaf, but other options are, romaine, Boston or butter lettuce.)
- Marinate the steak in your soyaki sauce for at least 2 hours before you start cooking.
- Prep all of your veggies and set aside.
- Bring a large frying pan to medium heat with avocado oil. Once sizzling add in the steak portion. Sprinkle in the garlic salt and cracked pepper over steak. Cook steak in the skillet for 10-15 minutes or until edges caramelize.
- In a separate skillet begin sautéing your chopped veggies at medium meat (water chestnuts, bell peppers, roasted red peppers, mushrooms and scallions) in avocado oil. Pour in Hoisin sauce and cook until veggies are soft but not soggy.
- Wash Lettuce leaves and dry with paper towel. Spoon in veggie mixture, then top with steak mixture. Have soyaki or general tso sauce available for dipping. Enjoy!