Mini Blueberry Hand Pies
I am still in Pi Day mode over here, so I am dishing out another fun recipe! This sweet Southern classic is delicious and easy to make. It is still a little chilly outside, but making these got me so excited for warmer weather. Blueberries are one of those things that make me dream of late summer. Enjoy!
- 1 Pie Crust (rolled out)
- 1 Circular Cookie Cutter
- ½ Cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2½ Cups Blueberries
- Dash of Salt
- 1 Egg yolk
- Tablespoon of Milk
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees (or according to package directions if you purchased your dough.)
- In a medium bowl, mix together; sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix blueberries with lemon juice until fully coated.
- Combine the sugar mixture with the blueberries and mix well. They should be fully coated.
- Whisk egg yolk and milk for egg wash.
- Roll out your pie crust and cut out each circle. Fill the center of each circle with 1/2 tablespoon of blueberry mixture. Brush your edges with the egg wash. Next, you will fold the dough circles in half, pressing them together with a fork to seal the edge. Brush the tops with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle tops of hand pies with sugar. Next, cut small X slits on the top of the hand pie.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hand pies have turned golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let them rest for 5 minutes, enjoy!