Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
I am all about a good chocolate and ice cream combo. Pretty much anything warm with vanilla ice cream sounds like heaven. My friend Haley made this recipe for our friends years ago, and ever since I have been hooked. I've started making it for my Dad on his birthday because he is a huge fan too! Tomorrow is National Chocolate Chip Cookie day and what better way to celebrate than with the ultimate cookie?! My skillet cookie recipe is below, enjoy!
- 2 Sticks of Butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips (I use Trader Joe’s Chunks)
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Next, add the vanilla and eggs, mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the creamed ingredients, continually mixing.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture into a skillet and bake for 35 minutes (if you like it extra soft remove early).
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then top with vanilla ice cream. Serve individually or share from skillet.