Homemade Brownies with Salty Caramel Ice Cream
Back in 2008, my grandmother gave me a copy of my hometown Junior League cookbook, Taste of Georgia. It was first printed in 1977, and is still a go-to all these years later. These are some good Southern brownies, that pair perfectly with Ice Cream. I had some Salty Caramel on hand from, Jeni's, so I couldn't resist topping them with a scoop. You can go ahead and add this recipe to your favorites, you won't regret it.
- 1 Cup of Softened Butter (and a little to grease the pan)
- 6 Ounces of Semisweet Chocolate Chips, Melted (I use Trader Joe’s)
- 1 ½ Cups (Heaping) of All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon of Salt
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder until fine (two times should be good), then set aside.
- Cream the butter and gradually add the sugar. Cream until light and fluffy. Next, add the eggs, one at a time. Mix well.
- Combine the melted chocolate and vanilla extract with the butter mixture.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to wet ingredients. Mix until fully combined.
- Pour into a 9x13 greased pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with Salty Caramel Ice Cream from Jeni's.