Peach and Basil Ice Cream
Is it possible to be craving fall, but also holding onto summer? Okay, okay, I admit I am! You are probably seeing the last batches of peaches for the year, so you better grab some for this yummy ice cream recipe. Peach and Basil is the ultimate refreshing combination for these dog days of summer!
· 1 Can (14 Oz. Size) Sweetened Condensed Milk
· 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
· 2 Cups Sliced Peaches
· 2 Stalks of Basil
· 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- You will need a freezer safe loaf pan, or a container that can hold 6 cups.
- Peel and slice peaches, you will need two cups of peaches post slice (about 6 peaches to be safe) Place in a mixing bowl and begin working with masher (juices will form).
- Slice basil leaves into fine pieces and add to peach bowl, continue working with masher to combine flavors.
- In a separate large bowl, use a hand mixer or KitchenAid to whip the cream to stiff peaks. Do not to over-whip the cream.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and peaches and basil.
- Begin folding in (one cup at a time) of the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Continue folding until it is thoroughly combined. Once combined, transfer the ice cream mixture to the container.
- Freeze ice cream for 7 hours. Enjoy!