I had the opportunity to speak to The Liberty Park Garden Club, and what fun it was! I showed up with some sweet treats and the most beautiful blooms. Just what we needed to lead us into fall… even if it is still 90 degrees outside!
(you can make the dough or you can buy pre-made pie crust.)
1 can Pumpkin Puree
½ Cup of Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Sugar
½ Teaspoon of Vanilla
2 Packages of Ready to Bake Rolled Pie Crust (4 total pieces)
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Stick of Salted Butter
1 Teaspoon of Maple Syrup
Small Finger touch of Orange Food Coloring
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees, and remove dough and let reach room temperature.
2. Begin making pumpkin filling. Combine puree, cinnamon sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Mix well and set aside.
3. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray and cover with parchment paper.
4. Flour a flat surface, then roll out your dough to about 1/4" inch thick. Then begin cutting dough into rectangles or your desired pop-tart shape.
5. Add 1-2 tablespoons of puree mixture to the center of each pop-tart and spread around. Cover with remaining dough rectangles, then press edges with a fork to seal.
6. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
7. While they bake make your icing. Cream your powdered sugar and butter together, next add maple syrup. If it needs to be thicker you can add more powdered sugar. Lastly, add food coloring and mis really well.
8. Remove Pop Tarts and let them cool.
9. Spread icing onto pop-tarts top with fall sprinkles.