Chicken and Mushroom Lasagna
Now that it's September, it's time to start adding in all those warm comfort meals. I finally got Will hooked on sauteed mushrooms, (praise! because they're one of my favorite things!) so I am adding them into all of my recipes!! If you are a mushroom lover, this one is a winner.
- 2 Shredded Chicken Breasts (I use Rotisserie)
- Two Scallion Stalks (Diced)
- No Boil Lasagna Noodles
- 1 10 oz. Package of Mushrooms (Chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Cracked Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 15 oz. Jar of Alfredo Sauce
- 1 Cup of Formaggio Cheese
- 1 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- 16 oz. Low fat Cottage Cheese
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Add olive oil to a skillet and bring to medium heat. Add in mushrooms and scallions.
- Next add the pepper, oregano, and garlic powder. Saute until soft. Reduce heat to low and add in the Alfredo sauce, let simmer.
- To assemble, lightly cover the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with mushroom sauce.
- Then you will begin to arrange 5 noodles lengthwise over the light bottom layer. Next, spread 1/3 of the cottage cheese mixture. Top with a 1/4 of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of formaggio. Next, add 1 cup of mushroom sauce over cheese mixture, and sprinkle with shredded chicken.
- Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and formaggio cheese. You should be able to layer 3 times.
- Baked for 40-45 minutes or warm and bubbly!