Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookies
A day spent baking, is a day well spent. I had the pleasure of catching up with "The Cookie Girl" my husband calls her, Reagan Thompson of Reabakes. We spent the day talking, baking and sampling everything along the way! It was such fun. Sharing one of our recipes from the Test Kitchen that day. They are almost too lovely to eat, but they taste as divine as they look.
- 5 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Sticks of Unsalted Butter
- 1 ½ Cups of Sugar
- 3 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 2 Eggs at Room Temperature
- 2 Tablespoons of Lavender, you will want a little more for topping.
- Rose Petals for Topping
- 1 Cup pf Powdered Sugar
- 1 Round Cookie Cutter
- 4 tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- ¾ Cup of Powdered Sugar
- Let Butter and Eggs get to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 360 Degrees
- Combine flour and baking powder together in a medium bowl.
- Next you will cream butter, 1 Cup of sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice. Slowly add in each egg, mixing on low speed. Slowly add in dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Add in lavender and to mixture.
- Next you will roll out your dough onto a sugar-coated surface, use remaining ½ Cup of Sugar.
- You will begin cutting out your cookies to bake. I combined all scraps and re-rolled to cut more cookies.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, you can check them at 10 minutes.
- While the cookies cool you will begin topping them with icing glaze (you can make this the consistency you prefer with more or less lemon juice).
- Top with glaze then quickly sprinkle with lavender and rose petals. Let set and enjoy!
Yields 24 Cookies