I took a short trip to Dallas for work last weekend and loved the city! It was my first time to Dallas, so I did a little restaurant scouting beforehand. I was given some wonderful restaurant suggestions that I want to share with y'all. Dallas has so many delicious places it was hard to choose, but enjoy a few snaps from my trip!
You may have seen her cookies but now it is time to get to know the face behind Reabakes! I met Reagan Lyle in 2015 shortly after I had started Bonnet and Brim. She made these adorable bonnet cookies for a show I had at Pepper Place that fall. Y'all, this lady is more than just a fabulous Baker... She is a breath of fresh air! You know those people who you just enjoy being around because they have the sweetest spirit? That is Reagan Lyle. When I asked her what her favorite part of baking was she confirmed what I already knew to be true!
"My favorite part of baking is definitely the fact that I can make someone’s day better just through making cookies (Or as my mom calls it, bringing a little, “Rea of sunshine,” to people.) If someone tells me, “This just makes my day,” then I feel like I’ve done my job."
I love ordering her cookies for parties or special occasions. They are one of those little splurges in life that can just make you happy. These days we can all use a little bit of Reabakes so I have partnered with Reagan to giveaway a dozen custom cookies!!!! Enter to win on my Instagram @huckleberry_collective .
If you are interested in decorated cookies and want to learn more she is teaching a class on February 7th at Studio BHAM. I highly recommend it!!
Valentine's Day is right around the corner and I have put together a list of my favorite products right now! If you are like me and can't ever think of what you want or what to gift someone, here are some great ideas.
1. Crate and Barel Honey Jar How cute is this? My husband had this in my stocking for Christmas. Great for when you have guests over for the weekend or just that little special counter top detail.
2. Carven Le Parfum This is a new scent I got recently! It is fresh but also polished and subtle .
3. Jeni's Ice Cream If you haven't had Jeni's Ice Cream you haven't lived. Thank Heavens Birmingham doesn't have a scoop shop because I would be ten feet wide. You can find them at a few store locations or order online. What a treat!!
4. Le Creuset Cast-Iron Heart Dutch Oven Everyone knows Le Creuset is premium cookware, but they had to go and get all cute on us. This small dutch oven just sent me over the edge!
5. Paddywax Geranium and Basil Travel Candle A friend of mine in Memphis sent me this candle a while back and it is amazing. It is so small but puts off a delightful scent. I have the geranium and basil in my kitchen.
6. Lake Pajamas Berry Stripe Nightgown This nightgown will change your life. I want 5 of them! They are 100% Pima Cotton... need I say more?
7. Cooking for Jeffrey By Ina Garten If you like to cook and you don't follow Ina Garten on instagram you should. Her recipes and love for her husband combined into one cookbook...winner!
I decided a few years back that my resolutions would always be adding something positive to my life not taking away. I do the same for lent. In 2016 I "attempted" to cook a new recipe for dinner each week. I think I made it to March with that one. A for effort I suppose... This year I am exercising AT LEAST 4 days a week and focusing more on my daily devotionals. Along with those I chose three words to carry me into 2017- peaceful, prosperous and present. Three words to help me stay focused on what matters.
One of my favorite devotionals from 2016 was Savor by Shauna Niequist. I found some great priced options on Amazon . This devotional book tags the line "Living Abundantly Where You Are, As You Are." I don't know about y'all but sometimes I get so caught up in how much I need to do and how much more God needs to mold me that I get TOTALLY overwhelmed. I love Shauna Niequist because she is SO REAL. She says what everyone else is thinking. We all have to start somewhere and the best part is that Jesus will meet us wherever that somewhere may be.
Wishing you all Peace in the New Year!
We got away to Charleston for the weekend at the beginning of December. Need I say more? This city never ceases to amaze me... The food and the beautiful architecture are enough to satisfy but we also enjoyed a day at Garden & Gun Jubilee! This was our second time attending GG Jubilee and like last year it did not disappoint. From the fabulous eats from Blackberry Farm to the delicious "New Fashion" from Blade and Bow the day was a dream. Tickets go on sale in August, you should go!