Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Every year on my birthday my friend Christie asks me what I want, and I always request her Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies are what dreams are made of!!! This recipe is very similar to the Neiman Marcus $250 cookie. If you haven't read that story I've linked it for you here. Luckily, Christie didn't charge me for this recipe. It was free and I am sharing it with you below!
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup of White Sugar
- 1 Cup of Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 ½ Cups of Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 Cups of Oatmeal
- 1 Cups of Pecans
- 1 Cups of Chocolate Chips
1. In a mixing bowl, cream together brown sugar, white sugar, and butter. Slowly add two eggs and vanilla. Turn to low and let it continue to mix as you add ingredients.
2. In a separate sift together flour, salt, and soda. Once combined, add to sugar mixture in mixing bowl.
3. Chop pecans into pieces and add to the mixing bowl (still mixing on low). Next, add oatmeal and chocolate chips to mixing bowl.
4. Once everything is combined, chill dough for one hour.
5. Roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.