Getting in the Halloween Spirit with some festive caramel apples! These are so delicious and will keep for a few days if you are doing party prep.
- 6 Granny Smith Apples
- 3 Bags of Soft Caramels (I bought Kraft)
- 4 Tablespoons of Heavy Cream
- Toppings of your choice
- Sticks (cake-pop or I used halves of kabob sticks)
- Parchment Paper
1. Wash and dry apples thoroughly before dipping. Make sure they are extra dry! Water will mess up the coating. Place sticks in the apples and let set on a pan covered with a piece of parchment paper.
2. Unwrap the caramels and place into a medium pan on low heat. Stir continually so they don’t burn or stick (It takes a while at first then it will sneak up on ya!) Slowly add the cream and keep stirring until they melt. Once it is a smooth texture you can turn heat to low.
3. Now you can start dipping your apples into the caramel. Once you’ve dipped it, hold it over caramel to let drippings fall (at this point if you’d like to dip them twice you need to let the first layer dry, and repeat step above).
4. Place toppings in individual plates or bowls. If you are chopping nuts do them in small pieces.
5. Next, roll the apples in the toppings, then place them on the parchment paper. Refrigerate the apples for one hour. Serve and enjoy!