Brownie Berry Cake
My husband isn't a huge fan of regular cake. So, a few years ago I started making this brownie cake because he loves fruit and chocolate combinations. Who doesn't, right? We are having dinner with some friends tonight and I decided to make my Brownie Berry Cake. Thought I'd share with y'all. Enjoy!
- 2 Boxes of Fudge Brownie Mix ( You will also need whatever ingredients that kind calls for.)
- Variety of berries (3 packages of your choice), I like to mix colors!
- 1 8oz. package of cream cheese
- 1 8oz. package of cool whip
- 1/2 Cup of powdered sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla
Remove cream cheese from refrigerator and let soften. Bake brownies according to box recipe and directions. You are making two separate batches in round cake pans. While the brownies cool start on cleaning and cutting the berries. Set berries aside and let them dry. In a mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, cool whip, vanilla, and cream cheese. Mix well and set aside. Choose your base for the cake and lay first layer of brownie. Cover the first brownie layer with cream cheese frosting and then cover with fruit. Repeat these steps for top layer. Add extra berries to top layer for decoration. Refrigerate until ready to serve!