Easy Lemon Bars
I love a good lemon bar... anything lemon for that matter. I've found a recipe for Lemon Bars that is so easy you can do it with your eyes closed. Seriously though, I thought lemon bars were one of those recipes only grandmothers could make. The recipe below is a winner, it only has five ingredients and will quickly become your summer dessert option. Time to start baking!
- 1 cup cold butter cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- zest of two lemons
- juice of 2 lemons (3/4 cup juice)
1. Using a pastry cutter blend together the butter sugar and flour.
2. Press evenly into the bottom of a greased and parchment paper lined 9×13 inch baking pan.
3. Bake for 20 to minutes at 350 degrees. The bottom should just be beginning to brown slightly at the top edges.
1. Mix together the sugar, flour, zest, eggs, and lemon juice until evenly mixed.
2.Let sit for 5 minutes, pour over top of base.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the top is slightly brown and mixture is set. Let cool, then dust with powdered sugar and slice into squares to serve.