These are just as delicious as they are pretty!
Ingredients- (you can make the dough or you can buy pre-made pie crust.)
· 1 jar Strawberry Preserves
· 2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour, more for sprinkling
· 2 Tablespoons of Sugar
· 1 Cup Cold, Salted Butter cut into cubes
· 1/2 Cup Cold Water
· 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
· 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
· 1 Stick of Salted Butter
1. In food processor add your flour and sugar and pulse to combine. Add your butter and pulse again until it comes together. Add your vanilla and slowly add water. Watch so that you do not overmix.
2. Roll your dough into a ball and chill for 20 minutes. Once chilled, sprinkle flour and roll out your dough to 1/4" inch thick.
3. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut dough into rectangles or your desired pop-tart shape and tart.
4. Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and cover with parchment paper.
5. Add 1-2 tablespoons of strawberry preserves to the center of each pop-tart and spread around. Cover with remaining dough rectangles, then press edges with a fork to seal.
6. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
7. While they bake make your icing. Mix your powdered sugar and butter together. If it needs to be thicker add more powdered sugar.
8. Remove Pop Tarts and let them cool. Spread icing onto pop-tarts (once cooled) and top with rainbow sprinkles.