Fillo Pastry Tomato Tart
I think I am going to start calling this, "The Summer of The Tomato" at our house! We are some serious tomato eaters and this summer tops them all. I bought some delicious Heirloom Tomatoes at Pepper Place Market on Saturday, so of course I had to throw together something delicious. I combined a few recipes that I liked to make it just right. Needless to say, my husband was pleased!
· 3 Heirloom tomatoes (I chose a variety) sliced to ½ inch. I also added grape tomatoes.
· 1 roll of fillo dough
· ¼ cup olive oil
· ½ cup of grated parmesan
· ½ cup of grated mozzarella
· 1 15 oz. container of ricotta cheese, I used fat free
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, plus more for topping
· 1 tablespoon garlic salt with parsley
· Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Lay parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Place fillo dough on parchment paper sheet by sheet from your one roll. Brush each sheet with olive oil. Repeat until all fillo dough sheets are stacked.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, basil, parmesan, mozzarella, garlic salt, and pepper. Mix well. Spread mixture on top of fillo dough. Make sure to leave a good dough edge (like pizza crust). Top with sliced and grape tomatoes. Pepper the tops of the tomatoes. Bake 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Bake until golden and bubbly.
- Let the tart cool for a bit and then top with chopped basil.
- Serve and Enjoy!