Mexican Salad and Champagne Margaritas
Tomorrow is National Margarita Day (one of the best days of the year), and I have two recipes to help you celebrate the right way! If you were to ask my husband, he would most certainly say Mexican food is on my list of favorites. I love a good tortilla chip and a salty margarita. This Champagne Margarita is one of the recipes I shared on the blog when I first started. I've brought it back again, because it is THAT GOOD. I've paired it with a savory Mexican Salad that you will soon add to your list of go-to recipes. This salad has so many bright colors that you can taste them with your eyes! So my friends, celebrate National Margarita Day the right way, and tag me if you use one of these recipes. Cheers!
- 1 Bottle Simply Limeade 1.75 L
- 2 Cups Orange Juice
- 1 bottle (750 mL) champagne (about 3 cups) - I used Trader Joe's
- 1.5 Cups of Tequila (your choice on brand and amount)
- Lime wedges and salt for glasses
- Combine liquid ingredients and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!
- 1 15 oz. Can Reduced Sodium Black Beans (Rinse and Drain in a Colander)
- 1 15 oz. Can Yellow Sweet Corn (Drained)
- 1 11 oz. Can Shoepeg Corn (Drained)
- Two Green Bell Peppers (Chopped)
- 2 Cups Grape Tomatoes (Sliced in the center)
- Half a Purple Onion (Diced)
- 1 Cup of Italian Dressing
- Brianna's Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Half an Avocado
- 1/2 a Lime (Juiced)
- Bag of Arugula
- Drain and rinse black beans
- Drain cans of corn
- Once vegetables are ready, combine; corn, black beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, lime juice and Italian dressing in a bowl. Set aside.
- On a platter (I used these nikel trays and salad servers from Copper+Kiln) create a bed of arugula. You will use the whole bag. Slowly top the arugula with your vegetable mixture.
- Once you have arugula and vegetable mixture placed drizzle the entire salad with Brianna's Cilantro Lime Dressing.
- Slice an avocado and spread on top of the salad. Serve immediately and enjoy!