Sriracha BBQ Chicken Pizza
Happy National Pizza Day! I think we should all be honest, pizza definitely deserves a special day. Think about pizza, how many memories you may have tied to the food and not even realize? From post childhood team games with dominos, to beer and pizza in college, pizza has never let me down! To celebrate this culinary masterpiece, I have created a unique and savory pizza. If you've been following me a while you've probably seen my sriracha bbq chicken sweet potatoes. This is a total spin-off of that recipe. I hope you enjoy it, and if you do make the recipe send me a picture through instagram message or email. I would love to see!
- Trader Joe's Pizza Dough
- Trader Joe's Sriracha BBQ Sauce
- Two Chicken Breasts
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (One for Chicken and One for Onions)
- Purple Onions (diced)
- Scallions (sliced thin)
- Goat Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- Remove dough from frigerator and let set out according to directions.
- Cook two chicken breasts on a skillet with olive oil then shred.
- Once shredded, toss in Sriracha BBQ sauce.
- Dice purple onions and sautée in olive oil until browned.
- Combine purple onions with sriracha bbq and chicken mixture.
- Spread dough out (you may need a little flour to manage it) on the pan and cover top lightly with sriracha BBQ sauce then add chicken mixture.
- Cover with shredded cheddar jack and goat cheese.
- Bake the pizza according to package directions for dough or until bubbly. We like to do our pizza on the grill (Big Green Egg) if you have one.
- Remove and top the pizza with scallions. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.