Three Cheese Skillet Mac
I did a little poll on my Instagram today asking for some input. One question was, "what type of recipes do you wanted me to post?"... I had some great responses and am grateful for my followers. I'm going to fold in more salty options for all my savory friends out there. First feature, is this three cheese skillet mac that will change your life!! It can be served in a casserole dish, but I prefer the skillet. For this recipe, I divided it up between three mini skillets. I hope you like it!
- 8 oz. Package of Penne Noodles
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 3 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- ½ Cup of Goat Cheese
- Hot Sauce (to taste)
- 3 Tablespoons of Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Bring water to a boil and cook noodles for 5 minutes.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, garlic salt and pepper.
- Gradually add milk to the pan. Continually whisk the mixture to ensure no more lumps form.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture boils, stirring constantly, then lower heat to a simmer.
- Slowly add in your cheeses and stir until melted. Once melted, stir in your noodles.
- Place mac and cheese into your baking vessel (I used mini skillets) and be sure to have your skillets or baking dish greased with oil.
- Top with seasoned bread crumbs and hot sauce bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.