Masters Pimento Cheese and Egg Salad
It's that time of year again! This is a BIG week in our house... I'm talking about the TV not moving from golf all week long. My husband is an avid golfer, and this is basically like Christmas for him each year. Even if we can't be at Amen Corner, we love celebrating with friends and seeing that next green jacket winner in all his glory. You may remember my Masters Pimento Cheese Recipe from last year, but I've added the Egg Salad, so we have the dynamic duo! If you aren't normally a golf fan I suggest you tune in on Sunday, because it really is a "Tradition Unlike Any Other".
- 3 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 (4 oz.) Jar of Pimentos (drained)
- 1 Squirt of Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well and refrigerate until you are ready to serve!
4 hard-boiled eggs, diced (I use a potato masher)
1/2 cup diced celery
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Relish
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp pepper
Boil eggs for about 10 minutes, remove the cover and run cold water over eggs.
Peel the eggs and dice. Be sure you do not have any shell fragments left behind.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.