I'm still rolling out recipes from those delicious strawberries. If you have been following me for a while you know how much I love Shauna Neiquist! A few years back I read her book bread and wine, where she talks about faith and how so many crucial moments in the bible are spent around the table. I am a firm believer that welcoming people into your home, and serving them precious meals at your table shapes lives. Food and fellowship are just a few of God's precious gifts! I'm sharing Shauna's Crisp recipe tonight, but with strawberries. I have divided the recipe up into ramekins to serve the crisp individually. My hope is that you find inspiration from my blog, and it then draws you closer to the table and the ones you love.
I tweaked it a tad to work for my strawberry ramekins.
- 6 cups strawberries (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup nuts, chopped (walnuts and pecans work great)
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together oats, nuts, almond meal, honey, syrup, and salt with a fork.
- Pour berries into ramikens, and then layer the crispy topping over it.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, or up to 10 minutes longer if topping and fruit are frozen, until fruit is bubbling and topping is crisp and golden.