Smoked BBQ Wings
It is finally that time of year again. Praise The Lord! Warm weather is here to stay, and our grill is in constant use. This recipe is one of our favorites for dinner. We love some good smoked wings on the grill. Note, this does take longer, but it is worth the wait.
- 3 lbs. Chicken Wings (we buy ours from wholefoods from the butcher, they’re called party wings.)
- BBQ Sauce or Hot Sauce of your choice (for tossing)
- 1/4 cup Paprika
- 1/8 cup Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1-2 tablespoons Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 cup Coarse Salt
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients. This will be your seasoning mixture for wings. Mix well.
2. Spread wings out on a sheet pan and season both sides with dry seasoning mixture.
3. Set grill to 375 degrees. You will place wings on the grill and smoke over indirect heat at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.
4. Prep sauce in a large mixing bowl for tossing.
5. Remove from the grill and toss in the sauce of your choice.
* We like our wings extra crispy, so check them before you remove and maybe add 5-10 extra minutes.
* I prefer a different Sauce than Will, so we have two separate bowls for tossing.