Spicy Sweet Potato Fries with Blue Cheese Dressing
I will be the first to admit that I'm not a huge sweet potato fan, (okay kill me, I also don't love nutella...definitely in the minority on that one.) but these are so yummy. The sweet and spicy combo with the creamy blue cheese dressing. Winner! I hope y'all love them as much as I do.
Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
- 3 Medium- Large Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Salt with Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice Sweet Potato in half length wise, then begin to slice out fries. You will want to cut then about a half inch thick and an inch wide. Feel free to make them skinnier and thinner if you like them crispy!
- In a Large microwaveable mixing bowl combine butter and olive oil. Heat in microwave for about 20 seconds, or until butter melts.
- Add cayenne pepper and garlic salt to the mixing bowl.
- Begin tossing sweet potato slices in the mixing bowl until they are coated with cayenne butter mixture.
- Place flat on a lined cookie sheet and bake for around 20 minutes.
Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cracked Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Up to a 1/2 Cup of Buttermilk (you will gradually add)
- 1/2 Cup Blue Cheese Crumbles (I get mine at Publix)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Mayonnaise, Sour cream, Onion Salt, Garlic Powder, Cracked Pepper, and Worcestershire.
- Gradually pour in your buttermilk. This will all depend on how you like your consistency.
- Once combined, add in the blue cheese crumbles, mix well.
- Refrigerate until serving.