Corn and Arugula Pizza
Recipe creation is one of my favorite things to do. Will always asks me how I came up with the ingredients, but I there isn't a specific rhyme or reason. I just think of the flavors I like, and then what will mix well, and go from there. This Corn and Arugula Pizza is the perfect recipe to finish out summer! If you have a Big Green Egg, I highly suggest finishing the final cooking portion on there, as it will really give the corn a good flavor.
- 1 Pizza Crust (you can get yours from Trader Joe's, Publix, or make this recipe from Southern Living that I swear by.)
- 1 Cup Formaggio Cheese
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Salt with Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- 1/2 Cup of Cream
- 2 Medium Ears of Corn
- 1 Cup of Arugula
- 1 Teaspoon of Cracked Pepper
- Make your crust according to directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You will form the crust out into a pie shape and bake for about ten minutes, until it gains form and crusts slightly.
- While your crust is in the oven, clean your ears of corn and shave off the cob.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and then add, cream, onion salt, garlic powder, 1/2 cup of parmesan, 1/2 cup of formaggio. Whisk continually until sauce forms and thickens. remove from heat. (remaining cheese is for topping)
- Remove crust from oven and pour cream sauce over, spreading evenly.
- Next you will top with your corn and cheese topping. Lastly you will sprinkle cracked pepper over the surface.
- Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees, bake pizza for 15 more minutes or until warm and bubbly. We like our crust toasty so I do mine a tad longer. Let cool slightly, then top with arugula and serve.
Styling and Recipe, Christina, Huckleberry Collective and Photos by Laura Mccarty