Will and I rotate through genres each week for dinner, and while I was trying to mix up our typical taco night, enchiladas came to mind. I have a chicken enchilada recipe that he loves, but we've never done beef. This was so, easy and delicious is an understatement. We have already added this to the rotation schedule. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Tablespoon of Taco Seasoning
- 5 Medium Sized Flour Tortillas
- 1 Jar of Enchilada Sauce (I used wholefoods brand)
- 2 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Toppings, I use Cilantro, Sour Cream, Tomatoes, and Avocados.
- Brown ground beef, once cooked remove from pan and drain grease.
- Place beef back into pan with taco seasoning, mix well on low, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Warm tortillas in microwave for 15 seconds so they are easy to roll.
- In a baking dish, spread 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce to coat the bottom.
- You will now begin assembling enchiladas, start with your tortilla and about a 1/2 cup of beef and top with a little cheese (portion according to your taste). Roll together as picture. Place in the dish and repeat until you've used all of your tortillas.
- Top tortillas with remaining sauce, use brush to fully cover them. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or warm and bubbly.